Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if I am pregnant?
- Pregnancy symptoms are: nausea, swollen/sore breasts, fatigue, dizziness, appetite changes, frequent urination, weight gain or loss. If you are experiencing these symptoms, come to Pregnancy Services and we will do a free pregnancy test for you!
- How can I find out how far along I am?
- Come in and talk with us. Trained counselors are here to talk with you. If you need a free ultrasound, we will be able to tell you how far along you are.
- I'm scared. Is that normal?
- It is very normal! Being pregnant is very new and different. Sometimes we find out we are pregnant and we just want to "rewind" our life's video. That's not possible. So, it is important to take some time. Talk to some professionals and friends. Find out what resources are out there for you. Call us and we'd be glad to answer ANY questions. Don't be afraid it will all work out, we promise!
- What does a fetus look like?
Nine Weeks: Hands now bend at the wrist and fingerprints and fingernails are just beginning to show. Elbows are formed. Nerves begin to function. Bones begin to harden. Thumb sucking occurs. The male or female organs appear. The baby will move away if touched through the uterine wall and can move spontaneously.
- I don't want to parent, but I don't want to abort. Are there any services to help me?
- There is lots of help in our community. You may qualify for Medicaid for insurance. The Health Department does pre-natal care according to your income. We have housing referrals. And if you are in school there are all sorts of wonderful scholarships. Just come in and we will explain all the wide range of services available to you.
- What about adoption?
Seems like a tough road to go, but I would like to know more. Adoption may be a consideration for you. Making an "adoption plan" is fulfilling and wonderful experience.
Adoption Associates is waiting to help you and answer any questions you might have.
Call toll-free at 877-869-4196 or email them at: email@example.com.
- Other questions:
- Call our office at 517-889-5135